ATM/ Debit Card
“Dear Customers, Please don't share with any one details of your Account/Debit Card / Internet Banking / Mobile Banking / password/ Pin numbers/ OTP/ email-id . The e-mails /calls / SMS asking such information are fraudulent and are never from Bank / RBI / Income Tax / Police Authorities /Call Centre. In case of any of these suspected activities, please change your Passwords / PIN immediately . Bank does not incur any liability for the same.”
PNB DEBIT CARD :-
The PNB Debit Card is essentially an on-line product. It bears the Master/ RuPay logo on the front. Master logo card is accepted in India and all over the world at all MasterCard enabled ATMs and Merchant Establishments with POS machines and also over the internet for ecommerce transactions.
The card having RuPay Logo is accepted in India at all ATMs and selected PoS. The same shall be available for transactions over internet shortly.
The validity of PNB Debit Card is generally seven years.
The debit cards are broadly classified under 2 categories:
- Non personalized cards (Cards without name and / or photo)
- Personalized cards (Cards with name and / or photo)
TYPES OF DEBIT CARD ISSUED AND IT’S FEATURES
1. Classic Debit Card (Magastripe): (Master & RuPay Variant)
- This is the general category card and can be issued either as a non-personalized or personalized forms (having name of the customer indented on the card).Personalized Classic Debit Card bears Rupay/Master logo.
- This card has a daily cash withdrawal limits of Rs.25000/- with per transaction limit of Rs.15000/-. A separate daily limit of Rs. 60,000/- is available for POS + ecommerce transactions. For International transactions overall limit for ATM, POS & E-Com transactions is $500 per day. This card can be used for transfer of funds from one account to another PNB accounts. In case of transfer in own account there is no limit (with maximum of Rs. One lacs per transaction), but in case of third party transfer the maximum limit is equal to cash withdrawal limit.
- It is a PIN based card that can be used at POS terminals (i.e. swipe the card at POS terminal and authenticate the transaction through your PIN).
- The card can also be used over the Internet for shopping (e-commerce transactions). As per norms, a Debit Card has to be registered for 3 D Secure password before it can be used for e-commerce transactions. Besides OTP solution has been implemented on e-commerce transactions with debit card.
- Two accounts can be linked with principal account. But linked account can be accessible on PNB ATMs only.
- This card can be used for transfer of funds from one account to another PNB accounts. In case of transfer in own account there is no limit but in case of third party transfer the maximum limit is equal to cash withdrawal limit.
2. Platinum Debit Card (Magastripe): (Master & RuPay Variant)
- The Platinum Card is a premium product and is designed for elite customers. This card is issued in personalized forms (having name/ name and photo of the customer indented on the card.
- Apart from having all the characteristics of PNB Classic Cards, the Platinum Card carries following additional features:
- This card has a daily cash withdrawal limits of Rs.50000/- with per transaction limit of Rs.15000/-.
- A separate daily limit of Rs. 1, 25,000/- is available for POS + ecommerce transactions.
- For international transactions overall limit for ATM, POS & E-Com transactions is $500 per day.
- RuPay Logo Cards are not permitted for any international transactions.
- RuPay Platinum Card have only name embossed in the card.
ADD ON CARDS:
- Holders of PNB Classic & Platinum Debit Cards can opt for up to two ADD ON CARDS along with their own Card for sharing this convenience with their close family members such as spouse, dependent parents, or dependent children.
- The primary cardholder will be responsible for all the transactions made by ADD ON CARDS holder/s.
3. RuPay Kisan Card:
- RuPay Kisan Card can be issued to KCC account holders only
- This Card may be issued as a Non Personalized Card or Personalized card with name, for KCC Customers.
- This card has a daily cash withdrawal limits of Rs.25000/- with per transaction limit of Rs.15000/-. A separate daily limit of Rs. 60,000/- is available for POS + ecommerce transactions.
- The card is valid only in India.
4. EMV Card:
- EMV chip based card was introduced for international usage. This Card is both (Chip + Magstripe) enabled card and can be used internationally within the card transaction limit without any restriction.
- It is a Personalized Card with name/photograph.
- PIN is required both at ATM and POS terminals for operation of the EMV card.
- Cash Withdrawals at ATMs: Upto Rs. 50,000/- per day.
- POS+ ecommerce Transactions: Upto Rs. 1, 25,000/- per day.
- 3 Accounts per card can be linked to EMV card.
5. MITRA ATM Card:
- MITRA ATM card is meant for Mitra Account holder as well as other Account holders who wish to opt for it.
- This card is meant for use at PNB ATMs only, carries no charges.
- Mitra card is a Non-Personalized ATM card, which is also available in the Biometric variant.
- The daily cash withdrawal limit of this card is Rs. 5000/-.
- This card is not meant to be used for POS/Internet transactions.
6. Rupay MUDRA Debit Card:
- It is a non personalized co-branded card associated with MUDRA (Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency) Bank Ltd and issued on RuPay platform.
- MUDRA debit card allows customers to maintain working capital accounts through this card under PMMY (Prime Minister MUDRA Youjna).
- It can be used for cash withdrawal on ATMs upto Rs 25,000/- per day and POS/E-commerce (combined) transactions limit upto Rs 60,000/- per day.
Who are eligible for PNB Debit card
- All KYC compliant saving and Current Account holders who maintain the minimum balance and who regularly operate their account are eligible for a PNB Debit Card.
- New customers are eligible for a PNB Debit Card at the time of opening the account.
- Debit cards are also issued to individual customers having an overdraft facility, which is in the nature of a personal loan. This shall mean and include personal loans extended to individual customers in the form of a regular overdraft limit such as clean overdraft facility or overdraft facility against FD/NSCs/LICs etc. where operations through cheques are permitted.
- Debit Card can be issued in Joint Accounts with “Either or Survivor”/”Former or Survivor” mandate. In “Either or Survivor” accounts, Cards can be issued to both the account holders whereas in “Former or Survivor” accounts card can be issued only to the Former. In joint Accounts where account has to be jointly operated Debit Card shall not be issued unless mandate for operation of account specifies “Either or Survivor” or “Former or Survivor”.
- Kissan Cash Credit account holders are eligible for Kissan Cards.
HOW TO APPLY?
- Personalised Debit card can be obtained from any branch of PNB by filling a Debit Card application form.
- In case of Non-Personalized card (without name/ photo) the card is issued immediately by branch.
- In case of a personalized card (with name/ photo) the card can be made available after 7-10 days.
- Eligible customers having no debit card in the account can apply through SMS ( DEBCARD<16 DIGIT A/C NUMBER>) at 5607040 by their registered mobile No.
PNB PREPAID CARDS:
1.PNB UPHAAR CARD
- PNB Uphaar Card is a versatile card in collaboration with MasterCard, that can be used at Point of Sale (POS) Terminals, and can also be used for e-commerce transactions.
- PNB Uphaar Card can be purchased for a minimum of Rs.500/- and a maximum of Rs.50,000/-.
- It is ideal as a gift, both for individuals as well as Corporates.
- PNB Uphaar Card can be purchased through payment from account or by cheque.
- PNB Uphaar Card can be purchased by existing customers and others from any PNB branches.
The card is issued free of charge and would be valid for 36 months from the date of issu
Features of the PNB Uphaar Card:
- Can be purchased by Account holders and others.
- Minimum amount Rs. 500/-
- Maximum amount Rs. 50000/-
- Is enabled for use at POS Terminals and E-Commerce
- Daily usage limit up to Rs. 25000/-
- The PNB Uphaar Card would be issued and used only as a Gift card.
- PNB Uphaar will not have the facility of cash withdrawals.
- Validity of PNB Uphaar Card would be restricted to one year from the date of issuance of the card.
- The PNB Uphaar Card cannot be reloaded.
2. PNB SUVIDHA CARD
Suvidha Card is a pre-paid card to be used by the purchaser for their personal usage or a card that can be used by Corporates for making payment of salary/incentives/bonus etc. to their employees or for any other purpose apart from giving out as gifts.
Features of PNB Suvidha Card:
- PNB Suvidha Card can be purchased by Account holders and others. Customers do not having account in PNB can avail the card by producing valid KYC documents.
- PNB Suvidha Card may get through payment from their account or by cheque.
- PNB Suvidha Card can be used at ATMs , Point of Sale (POS) Terminals for purchases , and for e-commerce transactions.
- PNB Suvidha Cards are valid for a period of three years from the date of their issuance.
- Minimum amount Rs. 500/-
- Maximum amount Rs. 50000/-
- Daily usage limit up to Rs. 25000/- separately for ATM as well as POS + e-commerce transactions.
- PNB Suvidha Card may be reloaded by the purchaser through transfer from PNB account or by payment by cheque at any branch of the Bank.
- The PNB Suvidha Card will have facility for fund transfer through PNB ATMs from PNB to PNB accounts.
"Monetary compensation Scheme for the Family of Active PNB Debit Card Users, Incase Of Their Accidental Death"
Bank had introduced Monetary Compensation Scheme for the Family of Active PNB Debit Card Users, In Case Of Accidental Death w.e.f 19.10.2011. The scheme is valid till 31.03.2016. The type of PNB ATM / Debit Card holders covered under the scheme is as under:
|Type of Card(mastercard)
||Compensation per Cardholder
Platinum Debit Card/EMV Card
Rs.2,00,000/- (Rupees Two Lacs)
Classic / Maestro Debit Card / KISAN Debit Card
Rs.50,000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousands)
PNB Mitra ATM Cards
Rs. 25,000/- (Rupees Twenty Five Thousands)
*Rakshak Classic Debit Card- For person below officer rank
Rs. 2,00,000/- (Rupees Two Lacs)
*Rakshak Platinum Debit Card for persons at the rank of Lieutenant & above
Rs. 5,00,000/- (Rupees Five Lacs)
Rupay Platinum Debit Card
Rs.2,00,000/- (Rupees Two Lacs)
Rupay Classic Debit Card
Rs.1,00,000/- (Rupees One Lac)
The Salient Features and Mode of Settlement of Claims in respect of Master Cards and RuPay Cards under the Scheme is given below :
MASTER DEBIT CARDS :
Under this Scheme, in case of the accidental death of an Active ATM/Debit Card Holder, the family member(s) / beneficiary of the deceased cardholder must approach the base branch within 60 days of the death of the Cardholder, and submit an application for payment of compensation to the base branch. However, only accidents that occur within the geographical territory of India would be considered. It is clarified that if a customer holds multiple accounts with multiple cards at same branch or at different branches in Punjab National Bank, he will be entitled to Accidental claim for one Active Debit Card only. The application must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Copy of FIR / Police Report with details of the accident stating the location, date and cause,
- Medical Report / Post Mortem Report / Police Panchnama,
- Copy of the death certificate issued by concerned hospital / medical attendant
- Copy of driving license in case the insured person was driving at the time of the accident.
On receipt of application at the base branch following actions are to be taken at different levels:
- The base branch shall ascertain that the cardholder was an active card holder i.e done financial transaction through debit card within 45 days prior to date of accident , scrutinize that all the documents submitted are as per Bank’s requirement. Then it shall submit complete proposal to Circle Office within 7 working days accompanied with copies of the entire set of documents along with its own recommendations and the certificate that the concerned card holder is eligible to be considered for compensation under the scheme.
- The officials at Circle office (not less than Chief Manager), after vetting the required documents submitted by the branch should send only eligible claim cases to HO: DBD.
- All claims which are not eligible, to be rejected at Circle level and not be submitted to DBD: HO.
- On approval HO: DBD would credit the amount of Compensation into the non-customer account of the base branch of the deceased cardholder. The concerned branch along-with the concerned Circle office would be advised accordingly by TBD: HO through e-mail.
- The base branch will then make payment to the legal heirs of the customer as per Bank guidelines.
To obtain the Application Form for the settlement for PNB Debit Cardholder,Click here
RuPay Debit card:
RuPay Debit card claim will be settled in terms of extant guidelines of NPCI wef 01.11.2014(The date of Loss). HDFC ERGO as per their tie up with NPCI will pay the insurance claim for all the claim cases with the date of incidence (death upto 31.03.2015).
From 01.04.2015 onwards NPCI has entered tie up with New India Assurance to settle the insurance claims valid upto 31.03.2016. Applicant/Claimants will be eligible for Rs 1 Lac for accidental death or permanent disablement in case of RuPay Classic cards and Rs 2 Lac in case of RuPay Platinum card. The salient features and mode of settlement of RuPay card claim are as under:
1.1 All Rupay card holders ie RuPay Debit, RuPay Kissan (KCC) and RuPay prepaid-Classic and Platinum will be eligible for the benefit under the insurance programme.
1.2 Facility is available to the RuPay cardholders who have performed minimum one successful financial or non-financial transaction at any Channel ie ATM/Micro ATM/POS/ e-Com in last 45 days prior to incident.
1.3 Eligible transaction conducted in both On-Us & Off-Us environment will be eligible for the benefit of the insurance programme.
1.4 RuPay card holders will be eligible for the compensation on only one eligible RuPay card per card holder or per customer even if multiple cards of different banks are meeting the eligibility criteria. The choice of the card for the claim would rest with the customer.
1.5 Compensation of insurance benefit will be made to the eligible beneficiary on submission of complete documentation prescribed under “procedure for claim”. The claim will need to be submitted by the card issuing entity (Branch), at the request of eligible beneficiary, directly to the Insurance Company. While filing insurance claim at the request of beneficiary, RuPay card issuing entity (Branch) should ensure that applicant is bonafide beneficiary as per the law of land.
1.6 Personal Accident insurance is open to everyone from the age of 18 years to 65 years. It may be noted that age below 18 and beyond 65 year will not be eligible.
2. Claim Payment
Once the claim is approved the payment in the form of NEFT shall be done to the card holder beneficiary along with a covering letter.
3. Document check list :
3A: Accidental Death Claim: –
A.1 Duly filled and signed claim form
A.2 FIR copy
A.3 Post mortem report
A.4 “Cause of Death” certificate from treating doctor
A.5 Death Certificate – issued by a municipal authority
A.6 Viscera report (If done)
A.7 Passport, Pan card, Aadhaar card, address proof (KYC documents)
A.8 Copy of the RuPay card / Declaration from Bank on letter head with sign and stamp
A.9 Switch Log / Core Banking System screenshot from Bank for Transaction verification
A.10 Declaration from Bank for nominee including NEFT details with sign and stamp (in case nominee is available) / legal heir certificate or any other document in discussion with claimant as a proof (in case nominee not available with bank)
3B. Permanent Disability Claim:
B.1 Duly filled and signed claim form
B.2 FIR copy
B.3 Disability certificate from treating doctor / Government hospital
B.4 Hospital Indoor case paper
B.5 Full size photo of insured with disable / Amputed limb
B.6 Passport, Pan Card, Aadhaar card, address proof (KYC documents)
B.7 Copy of the RuPay card / Declaration from Bank on letter head with sign and stamp
B.8 Switch Log / Core Banking System screenshot from Bank for Transaction Verification
4. All supporting documents relating to the claim must be submitted within 60 (sixty) days from the date of claim intimation at the below mentioned address.
Department -RuPay Insurance Program 2015-16
The New India Assurance Co. Ltd.
1st Floor, NCL Premises
Plot No. C-6, Bandra Kurla Complex
Bandra East, Mumbai-400051
PNB Rewardz Scheme :
PNB Rewardz is the loyalty program for Punjab National Bank Debit Card holders. As a Punjab National Bank Debit Card holder, you get reward points for using your Debit Card during all purchases. These accumulated points can be redeemed at www.PNBRewardz.com or call 1860-108-3334 for a host of free products and services.
Register now and start a rewarding journey!
As a Punjab National Bank Debit Card holder, you are automatically enrolled as a member of this program and earn reward points whenever you use your debit card for purchases.
However, to start with the process of redemption for fabulous gifts and services, you need to register at www.PNBRewardz.com or call 1860-108-3334.
Another platform for redemption of loyalty points by downloading “PNB Rewardz Mobile App” which can be downloaded freely from Google Play on Android Phones.
With the help of this Mobile App, Customers can register for PNB Rewards, Check their reward points, Redeem online and get alerts on Deals and Discounts. PNB Rewardz mobile application shall provide the consumer with complete details of the retail merchant partner network.
Use your Punjab National Bank Debit Card & earn 1 point for every Rs. 100 purchases on PoS & E-Com :
- Booking Tickets
- Filling Fuel
- Paying Utility Bills Online & more
Max Get More:
Max Get More is a merchant partner network that offers additional reward points to members of the PNB Rewardz program. The additional point offerings are made to members for shopping at Max Get More partner outlets with their Punjab National Bank Debit Cards.
- Max Get More consists of merchant partners across categories such as jewellery, electronics, apparel, online merchants ,etc.
- Get 2, 3 or 4 points in addition to the regular points for every Rs. 100 spent
- Points can also be used to pay for purchases & avail discounts at Max Get More partner outlets
- To locate partner stores visit www.MaxGetMore.com
- Redeem your points for a host of free products and services:
- Movie Tickets
- Bus Tickets
- Flight Tickets
To register & redeem your points, visit www.PNBRewardz.com or call 1 860 108 3334 (Mon to Sat from 9 AM to 9 PM and on Sunday 9 AM to 6 PM)
||Particulars of Charges
||ATM/Debit Card Issue Charges
||Cost of International Debit Card ( Chip Based Debit Card)
||Debit Card Annual Fee (from the second year onwards)
||Rs.100/- + S.T.
||Charges for issuance of Add on Card
||Charges for issuance of Duplicate Pin. However, in case the earlier PIN has not been used due to error in Printing, issue of Duplicate PIN shall be free)
||Charges for Issuuance of Duplicate ATM/Debit Card/Replacement of ATM/Debit Card
||Issue of ATM/Debit Card with photograph of Cardholder
Mark Up Charges for each POSP transaction at Petrol Pumps, Restaurants and for Railway Bookings, etc.
(i)Mark up charges for each POSP/Ecommerce transaction done by Rupay debit card holders at Petrol Pumps and for Railway bookings etc @2.5%+ Service Tax subject to minimum of Rs. 10/- (w.e.f. 15.03.2014)
ii) Mark up charges for each POSP/Ecommerce transaction done by debit card holders at Restaurant – actual claimed by the acquirer Bank through RGCS. (w.e.f. 15.03.2014)
@2.5% + Service Tax subject to minimum of Rs. 10/-
||ATM Access fee / charge for making international acquirer transactions at our ATMS(w.e.f. 14.07.2013)
||Rs. 150/- per transaction
- For PNB Cardholders, Cash Withdrawal and Balance Inquiry transactions on PNB networked ATMs are free.
- PNB Cardholders attached to Saving Bank accounts may make five transactions(Financial & Non-Financial) at ATMs of other banks free of cost in every calendar month. Other transactions will attract charges of Rs. 20 for financial transactions and Rs. 9 for Non-Financial Transactions respectively at other Bank ATMs.
- However for RuPay Mudra Card launched in July-2015, all ATMs transaction attract charges where customers make transactions on other banks ATMs.
Any no. of POS / ecommerce transactions are also free except No. 7 & 8.
- The charges for International transactions at ATMs are as follows:
Cash Withdrawal-- Rs. 150/- per transaction.
Non-financial Transaction --Rs. 30/- per transaction
- The charges for International ATM transactions in Nepal under Everest Bank Ltd. Sharing arrangement are as follows:
Cash Withdrawal Rs. 50/- per transaction
Balance Enquiry--Rs. 15/- per transaction
- The charges for International ATM transactions in Bhutan under Druk PNB Ltd. (DPL) Sharing arrangement are as follows:
Cash Withdrawal Rs. 6/- per transaction.
GUIDELINES FOR FAILED ATM TRANSACTION
- 1. Complaints lodged against failed ATM transactions will be resolved within 7 working days of receipt of complaints.
- 2. For delayed resolution, compensation of Rs.100 per day will be paid if claim is lodged within 30 days of the date of transaction.
- 3. All such complaints be lodged at our Customer Relationship Centre by calling # 0120-2490000 and ( Toll Free)18001802222; 1800 103 2222.
LOSS/THEFT OF ATM/DEBIT CARD
In case of loss/theft of card, the Cardholder shall immediately Block/Hotlist his /her card to avoid any misuse for safety reason through following channels:
- By calling call center representative at 24 hours toll free helpline numbers 1800 180 2222, 1800 103 2222 or through paid helpline number 0120-2490000.
- Direct call to ATM Switch (011-23319972).
- IVRS module integrated with above toll free numbers.
- By sending SMS (HOTspaceCard Number) e.g. HOT 5126520000000013 to 5607040 from your registered mobile number.
- By contacting any PNB branch.
Note: Debit card once hotlisted cannot be de-hotlisted
Dear Customers, Please don't share with any one about details of your Account/Debit Card / Internet Banking / Mobile Banking / Password/ Pin numbers/ OTP/ email-id . The e-mails /calls / SMS asking such information are fraudulent and never asked from Bank / RBI / Income Tax / Police Authorities /Call Centre. In case of any of these suspected activities, please change your Passwords / PIN immediately. Bank does not incur any liability for the same.”