ATM/ Debit Card
“Dear Customers, Please don't share with any one details of your Account/Debit Card / Internet Banking / Mobile Banking / password/ Pin numbers/ OTP/ email-id. The e-mails /calls / SMS asking such information are fraudulent and are never asked from Bank / RBI / Income Tax / Police Authorities /Call Centre. In case of any of these suspected activities, please change your Passwords / PIN immediately. Bank does not incur any liability for the same.”
PNB DEBIT CARD :-
The PNB Debit Card is essentially an on-line product. Debit Card is available on RuPay and Master Platform. Logo of RuPay/ Master is printed/ embossed on the front of debit card. The Debit Cards are enabled for use on ATMs, POS machines and over the internet for ecommerce transactions.
The card having RuPay Logo is accepted in India at all ATMs and POS machine and also over the internet for ecommerce transaction except PMJDY card which is accepted at ATMs only.
The validity of PNB Debit Card is generally seven years.
The debit cards are broadly classified under 2 categories:
- Non personalized cards (Cards without name and / or photo)
- Personalized cards (Cards with name and / or photo)
TYPES OF DEBIT CARD ISSUED AND IT’S FEATURES
1. Classic Debit Card
- This is the general category card and can be issued either as a non-personalized or personalized forms (having name of the customer indented on the card).
- This card has a daily cash withdrawal limits of Rs.25000/- with per transaction limit of Rs.15000/-. This card can be used for transfer of funds from one account to another PNB accounts. In case of transfer in own account there is no limit (with maximum of Rs. One lac per transaction), but in case of third party transfer the maximum limit is equal to cash withdrawal limit.
- It is a PIN based card that can be used at POS terminals (i.e. swipe the card at POS terminal and authenticate the transaction through your PIN).
- The card can also be used over the Internet for shopping (e-commerce transactions). OTP solution has been implemented on e-commerce transactions with debit card to authenticate the transactions.
- Two accounts can be linked with principal account. But linked account can be accessible on PNB ATMs only.
2. Platinum Debit Card (Magastripe): (Master & RuPay Variant)
The Platinum Debit Card is a premium product and is designed for elite customers. This card is issued in personalized forms (having name/ name and photo of the customer indented on the card.
Apart from having all the characteristics of PNB Classic Cards, the Platinum Card carries following additional features:
This card has a daily cash withdrawal limits of Rs.50000/- with per transaction limit of Rs.15000/-.
- A separate daily limit of Rs. 1, 25,000/- is available for POS + ecommerce transactions.
- RuPay Logo Cards are not permitted for any international transactions.
- RuPay Platinum Card have only name embossed in the card.
ADD ON CARDS:
Holders of PNB Classic & Platinum Debit Cards can opt for up to two ADD ON CARDS along with their own Card for sharing this convenience with their close family members such as spouse, dependent parents, or dependent children.
The primary cardholder will be responsible for all the transactions made by ADD ON CARDS holder/s.
3. RuPay Kisan Card:
- RuPay Kisan Card can be issued to KCC account holders only
- This Card may be issued as a Non Personalized Card or Personalized card with name, for KCC Customers.
- This card has a daily cash withdrawal limits of Rs.25000/- with per transaction limit of Rs.15000/-. A separate daily limit of Rs. 60,000/- is available for POS + ecommerce transactions.
- The card is valid only in India.
4. International Card (Master Variant)
This card is issued at a specific request and meant for domestic as well as international usage.
It is a Personalised card with name embossed in the card.
This card has a daily cash withdrawal limits of Rs.50000/- with per transaction limit of Rs.15000/-.
A separate daily limit of Rs. 1, 25,000/- is available for POS + ecommerce transactions.
3 Accounts per card can be linked to the card.
5. Rakshak Cards: (Master Variant)
Rakshak cards are issued to cater to the needs of the DEFENCE sector including paramilitary forces of our country. These cards can be used at all PNB ATMs and other networked ATMs/POS outlets and for e-commerce transactions.
Classic Rakshak card : are Non Personalized Cards and issued to PBOR (Person Below Officer Rank).
Platinum Rakshak Card : are Non Personalised Cards and are issued to Majors, Captains, Lieutenants, Lieutenant Colonels, Colonels, Brigadiers and those with higher ranks
These cards have a cash withdrawal limit of upto Rs 50000/- per day at ATMs and a combined per day limit of Rs 200000/- for POS and E-commerce transactions.
Two add-on cards can be availed free of cost for close family members.
6. PMJDY Cards (RuPay Variant)
PMJDY Cards are issued in SBBDA accounts.
This card has a daily cash withdrawal limits of Rs.25000/- with per transaction limit of Rs.15000/-.
The cards are presently not active for POS and E-commerce transactions
ISSUANCE OF RUPAY DEBIT CARDS UNDER PMJDY SAMAGRA PROJECT
- Govt. of MP has issued unique Family Id (eight digits) to each family and Samagra Id (nine digits) to each family member village-wise for all districts of the State. The government has decided to issue Samagra identification slip to each resident of MP and directed all the banks / RRBs and co-operative banks to issue RuPay debit cards to all the new / existing account holders under PMJDY immediately wherein the name of the account holders must be in Hindi besides the Family id, Samagra Id incorporated in the RuPay Card.
- PNB is the first bank to issue Samagra cards wherein the Name of the Card holder will be printed in HINDI along with Samagra Id, Family Id and Samagra Logo. This RuPay Debit Card is Bi-lingual and is being issued in Madhya Pradesh under PMJDY.
- The Cash withdrawal limit is Rs. 25000/- and Pos/ E-com limit is Rs. 60,000/-.
ISSUANCE OF RUPAY DEBIT CARDS UNDER PMJDY BHAMASHAH SCHEME
- The Govt. of Rajasthan has been issuing RuPay Debit Cards under this scheme to mark the completion of one year of present Government. These RuPay Debit Cards bear Bhamashah logo and Aadhaar number (if available).
- The Cash withdrawal limit is Rs. 25000/- and Pos/ E-com limit is Rs. 60,000/-.
7. Rupay MUDRA Debit Card:
- It is a non personalized co-branded card associated with MUDRA (Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency) Bank Ltd and issued on RuPay platform.
- MUDRA debit card allows customers to maintain working capital accounts through this card under PMMY (Prime Minister MUDRA Yojna).
- It can be used for cash withdrawal on ATMs upto Rs 25,000/- per day and POS/E-commerce (combined) transactions limit upto Rs 60,000/- per day.
8. Co-Branded Cards:
- These cards are issued to cater the specific needs of the merchants, Companies, Hospitals Colleges etc.
- These cards are jointly sponsored by banks and other entity.
Who are eligible for PNB Debit card
All KYC compliant saving and Current Account holders who maintain the minimum balance and who regularly operate their account are eligible for a PNB Debit Card.
New customers are eligible for a PNB Debit Card at the time of opening the account.
Debit cards are also issued to individual customers having an overdraft facility, which is in the nature of a personal loan. This shall mean and include personal loans extended to individual customers in the form of a regular overdraft limit such as clean overdraft facility or overdraft facility against FD/NSCs/LICs etc. where operations through cheques are permitted.
Debit Card can be issued in Joint Accounts with “Either or Survivor”/”Former or Survivor” mandate. In “Either or Survivor” accounts, Cards can be issued to both the account holders whereas in “Former or Survivor” accounts card can be issued only to the Former. In joint Accounts where account has to be jointly operated Debit Card shall not be issued unless mandate for operation of account specifies “Either or Survivor” or “Former or Survivor”.
HOW TO APPLY?
Personalized Debit card can be applied from any branch of PNB by filling a Debit Card application form.
In case of Non-Personalized card (without name/ photo) the card is issued immediately by branch.
In case of a personalized card (with name/ photo) the card can be made available after 7-10 days.
Eligible customers having no debit card in the account can apply through SMS ( DEBCARD<16 DIGIT A/C NUMBER>) at 5607040 by their registered mobile Number.
HOW TO GET DUPLICATE PIN FOR DEBIT CARDS:
- Customers can submit request for duplicate PIN at the base Branch.
- Customers can also generate the duplicate PIN by sending SMS from registered mobile number to 5607040: SMS TEXT (DCPIN to 5607040).OTP will deliver at the register number using which one can set the PIN through PNB ATM or by logging in PNB Internet banking website (if IBS facility is taken)
Process of generating Debit card PIN/Duplicate PIN through PNB ATMs
Process of generating Debit card PIN/Duplicate PIN through PNB Net Banking
PAY SECURE VERIFICATION FOR E-COMM TRANSACTION
PaySecure Registration required only for PNB Rupay Cards.
In case of Master/Maestro Card online transaction will be authenticated by Card Details along with OTP sent on the register mobile of the cardholders.
PNB PREPAID CARDS:
1.PNB UPHAAR CARD
- PNB Uphaar Card is a versatile card in collaboration with MasterCard, that can be used at Point of Sale (POS) Terminals, and can also be used for e-commerce transactions.
- PNB Uphaar Card can be purchased for a minimum of Rs.500/- and a maximum of Rs.50,000/-
- It is ideal as a gift, both for individuals as well as Corporates.
- PNB Uphaar Card can be purchased through payment from account or by cheque.
- PNB Uphaar Card can be purchased by existing customers and others from any PNB branch.
The card is issued free of charge and would be valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
Features of the PNB Uphaar Card:
- Can be purchased by Account holders and others.
- Minimum amount Rs. 500/-
- Maximum amount Rs. 50000/-
- Is enabled for use at POS Terminals and E-Commerce
- Daily usage limit up to Rs. 25000/-
- The PNB Uphaar Card would be issued and used only as a Gift card.
- PNB Uphaar will not have the facility of cash withdrawals.
- Validity of PNB Uphaar Card would be restricted to one year from the date of issuance of the card.
- The PNB Uphaar Card cannot be reloaded.
2. PNB SUVIDHA CARD
Suvidha Card is a pre-paid card to be used by the purchaser for their personal usage or a card that can be used by Corporates for making payment of salary/incentives/bonus etc. to their employees or for any other purpose apart from giving out as gifts.
Features of PNB Suvidha Card:
- PNB Suvidha Card can be purchased by Account holders and others. Customers do not having account in PNB can avail the card by producing valid KYC documents.
- PNB Suvidha Card may be purchased through payment from their account or by cheque.
- PNB Suvidha Card can be used at ATMs , Point of Sale (POS) Terminals for purchases , and for e-commerce transactions.
- PNB Suvidha Cards are valid for a period of three years from the date of their issuance.
- Minimum amount Rs. 500/-
- Maximum amount Rs. 50000/-
- Daily usage limit up to Rs. 25000/- separately for ATM as well as POS + e-commerce transactions.
- PNB Suvidha Card may be reloaded by the purchaser through transfer from PNB account or by payment by cheque at any branch of the Bank.
- The PNB Suvidha Cards have facility for fund transfer through PNB ATMs from PNB to PNB accounts.
"Monetary compensation Scheme for the Family of Active PNB Debit Card Users, Incase Of Their Accidental Death"
Bank had introduced Monetary Compensation Scheme for the Family of Active PNB Debit Card Users, In Case Of Accidental Death w.e.f 19.10.2011. The scheme is valid till 31.03.2016. The type of PNB ATM / Debit Card holders covered under the scheme is as under:
|Type of Card(mastercard) ||Compensation per Cardholder
Platinum Debit Card/EMV Card
Rs.2,00,000/- (Rupees Two Lacs)
Classic / Maestro Debit Card / KISAN Debit Card
Rs.50,000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousands)
PNB Mitra ATM Cards
Rs. 25,000/- (Rupees Twenty Five Thousands)
*Rakshak Classic Debit Card- For person below officer rank
Rs. 2,00,000/- (Rupees Two Lacs)
*Rakshak Platinum Debit Card for persons at the rank of Lieutenant & above
Rs. 5,00,000/- (Rupees Five Lacs)
The Salient Features and Mode of Settlement of Claims in respect of Master Cards and RuPay Cards under the Scheme is given below :
MASTER DEBIT CARDS :
Under this Scheme, in case of the accidental death of an Active ATM/Debit Card Holder, the family member(s) / beneficiary of the deceased cardholder must approach the base branch within 60 days of the death of the Cardholder, and submit an application for payment of compensation to the base branch. WEF 01.11.2015 the claim submission period has extended from 60 days to 150 days at the base branch. However, only accidents that occur within the geographical territory of India would be considered. It is clarified that if a customer holds multiple accounts with multiple cards at same branch or at different branches in Punjab National Bank, he will be entitled to Accidental claim for one Active Debit Card only. The application must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Copy of FIR / Police Report with details of the accident stating the location, date and cause,
- Medical Report / Post Mortem Report / Police Panchnama,
- Copy of the death certificate issued by concerned hospital / medical attendant
- Copy of driving license in case the insured person was driving at the time of the accident.
On receipt of application at the base branch following actions are to be taken at different levels:
- The base branch shall ascertain that the cardholder was an active card holder i.e done financial transaction through debit card within 45 days prior to date of accident, scrutinize that all the documents submitted are as per Bank’s requirement. Then it shall submit complete proposal to its Circle Office within 7 working days accompanied with copies of the entire set of documents along with recommendation of Incumbent Incharge and the certificate that the concerned card holder is eligible to be considered for compensation under the scheme.
- The officials at Circle office (not less than Chief Manager), after vetting the required documents submitted by the branch should send only eligible claim cases to HO: DBD.
- All claims which are not eligible, to be rejected at Circle level and not submitted to DBD: HO.
- On approval HO: DBD would credit the amount of Compensation into the non-customer account of the base branch of the deceased cardholder. The concerned branch along-with the concerned Circle office would be advised accordingly by DBD: HO through e-mail.
- The base branch will then make payment to the legal heirs of the customer as per Bank guidelines.
To obtain the Application Form for the settlement for PNB Debit Cardholder,Click here
RuPay Debit card:
RuPay Debit card claim will be settled in terms of extant guidelines of NPCI wef 01.11.2014 (The date of Loss). HDFC ERGO as per their tie up with NPCI will pay the insurance claim for all the claim cases with the date of incidence (death upto 31.03.2015).
From 01.04.2015 onwards NPCI has entered in tie up with The New India Assurance Co. Ltd to settle the insurance claims valid upto 31.03.2016. Applicant/Claimants will be eligible for Rs 1 Lac for accidental death or permanent disablement in case of RuPay Classic cards and Rs 2 Lac in case of RuPay Platinum card. The salient features and mode of settlement of RuPay card claim are as under:
1.1 All RuPay Card Holders ie Cards issued on an IIN assigned by RuPay will be eligible for the benefit under the RuPay Insurance Program 2015-16. Benefit of Insurance will be available to the cardholders who have performed minimum one successful financial or non-financial transaction at any Channel both intra and Inter Bank (ATM/Micro ATM/POS/ e-Com/ Business Correspondent of the bank at locations) in last 45 days prior to incident. The card usage condition has now been extended from 45 days to 90 days for RuPay Classic Cardholders with effect from 25.11.2015”. The 45 days usage condition will remain unchanged for RuPay Platinum Cardholders. Therefore the accident arising on or after 00:00:01 25.11.2015 will only be considered for extended period. Eligible transactions conducted in both On-Us & Off-Us environment will be eligible for the benefit of the insurance programme.
1.2 RuPay card holders will be eligible for the compensation on only one eligible RuPay card per card holder or per customer even if multiple cards of different banks are meeting the eligibility criteria. The choice of the card for the claim would rest with the customer.
1.3 The Personal Accident Insurance Death and Permanent Total Disability would be an open policy for any kind of accident related to death or permanent total disability.
1.4 In the event that the date of accident is within 45 days from the date of issuance of the RuPay card, the policy would respond in favour of the cardholder even if no transaction has been carried out using the card.
1.5 Personal accident insurance is open to all RuPay card holders above 5 years of age subject to fulfillment of the terms and conditions of the policy.
1.6 Compensation of insurance benefit will be made to the eligible beneficiary on submission of complete documentation prescribed under “procedure for claim”.
1.7 The applicant/Claimants are required to intimate to the bank branch of the RuPay cardholder for claim intimation within a period of 90 days from the date of accident and submit the claim document within 60 days from the date of claim intimation.
1.8 The Personal Accident policy will cover you even if the incident has happened when out of the country. Claim will be paid in Indian rupees as per the sum insured on submission of required documentation. There is no negative list of countries.
2. Document check list :
3A: Accidental Death Claim: –
A.1 Duly filled and signed claim form
A.2 FIR copy
A.3 Post mortem report
A.4 “Cause of Death” certificate from treating doctor
A.5 Death Certificate – issued by a municipal authority
A.6 Viscera report (If done)
A.7 Passport, Pan card, Aadhaar card, address proof (KYC documents)
A.8 Copy of the RuPay card / Declaration from Bank on letter head with sign and stamp
A.9 Switch Log / Core Banking System screenshot from Bank for Transaction verification
A.10 Declaration from Bank for nominee including NEFT details with sign and stamp (in case nominee is available) / legal heir certificate or any other document in discussion with claimant as a proof (in case nominee not available with bank)
3B. Permanent Disability Claim:
B.1 Duly filled and signed claim form
B.2 FIR copy
B.3 Disability certificate from treating doctor / Government hospital
B.4 Hospital Indoor case paper
B.5 Full size photo of insured with disable / Amputated limbs
B.6 Passport, Pan Card, Aadhaar card, address proof (KYC documents)
B.7 Copy of the RuPay card / Declaration from Bank on letter head with sign and stamp
B.8 Switch Log / Core Banking System screenshot from Bank for Transaction Verification
3. All supporting documents relating to the claim must be submitted within 60 (sixty) days from the date of claim intimation at the below mentioned address.
Department -RuPay Insurance Program 2015-16
The New India Assurance Co. Ltd.
1st Floor, NCL Premises
Plot No. C-6, Bandra Kurla Complex
Bandra East, Mumbai-400051
PNB Rewardz Scheme :
PNB Rewardz is the loyalty program for Punjab National Bank Debit Card holders. As a Punjab National Bank Debit Card holder, you get reward points for using your Debit Card during all purchases. These accumulated points can be redeemed at www.PNBRewardz.com or call 1860-108-3334 for a host of free products and services.
Register now and start a rewarding journey!
As a Punjab National Bank Debit Card holder, you are automatically enrolled as a member of this program and earn reward points whenever you use your debit card for purchases.
However, to start with the process of redemption for fabulous gifts and services, you need to register at www.PNBRewardz.com or call 1860-108-3334.
Another platform for redemption of loyalty points by downloading “PNB Rewardz Mobile App” which can be downloaded freely from Google Play on Android Phones and IOS App store on Iphones.
With the help of this Mobile App, Customers can register for PNB Rewards, Check their reward points, Redeem online and get alerts on Deals and Discounts. PNB Rewardz mobile application shall provide the consumer with complete details of the retail merchant partner network.
Use your Punjab National Bank Debit Card & earn 1 point for every Rs. 100 purchases on PoS & E-Com :
- Booking Tickets
- Filling Fuel
- Paying Utility Bills Online & more
Max Get More:
Max Get More is a merchant partner network that offers additional reward points to members of the PNB Rewardz program. The additional point offerings are made to members for shopping at Max Get More partner outlets with their Punjab National Bank Debit Cards.
- Max Get More consists of merchant partners across categories such as jewellery, electronics, apparel, online merchants, etc.
- Get 2, 3 or 4 points in addition to the regular points for every Rs. 100 spent
- Points can also be used to pay for purchases & avail discounts at Max Get More partner outlets
- To locate partner stores visit www.MaxGetMore.com
- Redeem your points for a host of free products and services:
- Movie Tickets
- Bus Tickets
- Flight Tickets
To register & redeem your points, visit www.PNBRewardz.com or call 1 860 108 3334 (Mon to Sat from 9 AM to 9 PM and on Sunday 9 AM to 6 PM)
|Sr.No. ||Particulars of Charges ||Charges
||ATM/Debit Card Issue Charges
||Cost of International Debit Card ( Chip Based Debit Card)
||Debit Card Annual Fee (from the second year onwards)
||Rs.100/- + S.T.
||Charges for issuance of Add on Card
||Charges for issuance of Duplicate Pin. However, in case the earlier PIN has not been used due to error in Printing, issue of Duplicate PIN shall be free)
||Charges for Issuuance of Duplicate ATM/Debit Card/Replacement of ATM/Debit Card
||Issue of ATM/Debit Card with photograph of Cardholder
Mark Up Charges for each POSP transaction at Petrol Pumps, Restaurants and for Railway Bookings, etc.
(i)Mark up charges for each POSP/Ecommerce transaction done by Rupay debit card holders at Petrol Pumps and for Railway bookings etc @2.5%+ Service Tax subject to minimum of Rs. 10/- (w.e.f. 15.03.2014)
ii) Mark up charges for each POSP/Ecommerce transaction done by debit card holders at Restaurant – actual claimed by the acquirer Bank through RGCS. (w.e.f. 15.03.2014)
@2.5% + Service Tax subject to minimum of Rs. 10/-
||ATM Access fee / charge for making international acquirer transactions at our ATMS(w.e.f. 14.07.2013)
||Rs. 150/- per transaction
- Waiver of Annual fees of ATM/Debit card in accounts of Senior citizens is allowed in Accounts which are maintaining QAB of Rs 5000/-. BMS are empowered to waive such charges.
- For PNB Cardholders, Cash Withdrawal and Balance Inquiry transactions on PNB networked ATMs are free.
- PNB Cardholders attached to Saving Bank accounts may make three transactions (Financial & Non-Financial) in 6 Metro cities (Mumbai, New Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Bengaluru and Hyderabad) and five transactions in other cities at ATMs of other banks free of cost in every calendar month. Other transactions will attract charges of Rs. 20 for financial transactions and Rs. 9 for Non-Financial Transactions respectively at other Bank ATMs.
- However for RuPay Mudra Card launched in July-2015, all ATMs transactions attract charges. where customers make transactions on other banks ATMs.
Any no. of POS / ecommerce transactions are also free except No. 7 & 8.
- The charges for International transactions at ATMs are as follows:
Cash Withdrawal-- Rs. 150/- per transaction.
Non-financial Transaction --Rs. 30/- per transaction
- The charges for International ATM transactions in Nepal under Everest Bank Ltd. Sharing arrangement are as follows:
Cash Withdrawal Rs. 50/- per transaction
Balance Enquiry--Rs. 15/- per transaction
- The charges for International ATM transactions in Bhutan under Druk PNB Ltd. (DPL) Sharing arrangement are as follows:
Cash Withdrawal Rs. 6/- per transaction.
GUIDELINES FOR FAILED ATM TRANSACTION
- 1. Complaints lodged against failed ATM transactions will be resolved within 7 working days of receipt of complaints.
- 2. For delayed resolution, compensation of Rs.100 per day will be paid if claim is lodged within 30 days of the date of transaction.
- 3. All such complaints be lodged at our Customer Relationship Centre by calling # 0120-2490000 and ( Toll Free)18001802222; 1800 103 2222.
LOSS/THEFT OF ATM/DEBIT CARD
In case of loss/theft of card, the Cardholder shall immediately Block/Hotlist his /her card to avoid any misuse for safety reason through following channels:
- By calling call center representative at 24 hours toll free helpline numbers 1800 180 2222, 1800 103 2222 or through paid helpline number 0120-2490000.
- Direct call to ATM Switch (011-23319972).
- IVRS module integrated with above toll free numbers.
- By sending SMS (HOT>space>Card Number) e.g. HOT 5126520000000013 to 5607040 from your registered mobile number.
- By contacting any PNB branch.
HOT LISTING OF DEBIT CARD:
Debit card can also be hotlisted by register user of PNB Internet Banking.
Procedure of hotlisting of Debit Card through PNB Internet Banking
Note: Debit card once hotlisted cannot be de-hotlisted