BASIC SAVING BANK DEPOSIT ACCOUNT (BSBDA)
1.Eligibility: Saving Fund account can be opened by an INDIVIDUAL singly or jointly, minors of the age of 10 years and above, minors under natural/legal guardianship. An illiterate or a visually impaired person is also eligible to open Saving Fund account under the scheme with usual safeguards
2. Minimum balance/Initial Balance requirement: ZERO.
3. Issuance of Cheque Book: A cheque book of 20 leaves may be issued free of cost in a year. Thereafter, normal cheque book charges would be applicable.
4. Extent of transactions/ Operation permitted:
- There will be no limit on the number of deposits that can be made in a month.
- Account holder will be allowed a maximum of four withdrawals in a month, including ATM withdrawl
5. Debit Card/ATM Card: Facility of ATM-cum-Debit Card shall be available without any charge. However, annual maintenance charge shall be recovered.
6. No charge will be levied for non-operation/activation of in-operative of Basic Saving Bank Deposit Account.