· Individual (singly or jointly) with others.
· Minor who have attained the age of 10 years and above in his/her own name on giving proof of age.
· Minors below the age of 10 years under guardianship of Natural/legal guardian.
· Proprietorship/Partnership Firm, Commercial Organization, Company / Corporate Body
· Hindu Undivided Family
· Association, Club, Society, Trust or Religious/Charitable Educational Institutions,
· Municipality or Panchayat, Government or Quasi-Government body.
· Illiterate and blind persons can also open accounts.
· 100/- and in multiples thereof
Terms & Conditions:
· Period of RD - 6 months to 120 months in multiple of 3 months
· Premature withdrawal is allowed.
· No TDS is applicable.
· Withdrawals on maturity or one month after deposit of last installment, whichever is later.
· No TDS applicable
Generally loans/overdrafts against deposits are allowed.
Interest on overdue deposit is paid as per prevalent policy of the bank from time to time.
Interest on bank deposits is exempt from income tax up to a limit specified by
Income Tax authorities from time to time.
· The Bank requires a satisfactory introduction of the person/s opening the account by a person acceptable to the Bank.
- The Bank is required to obtain two recent photographs of the person/s opening the account, as per RBI directives.
- The Bank is required to obtain Permanent Account Number (PAN) or General Index Register (GIR) Number or alternatively obtain declaration in Form No.60 or 61 as per the Income Tax Act (vide Section 139A) from the person/s opening the account.
Suggested time norms for activity: Guidelines for time norms are issued by I & A D, HO
Dos & Dont’s: Available under Terms& conditions/Documents required.
Customers obligation: Completion of KYC norms and submission of complete information as required.
Grievance Resolution/Compensation: Grievance Resolution/Compensation policy available on website
Premature closure of RD Account:
- In case of premature cancellation of deposits, 1% penalty will be levied as per bank’s guidelines.
Irregular/Discontinued RD Account:
- Non-deposit of pending installments till maturity date, interest will be paid on daily products basis compounded half yearly.
- Depositing of pending installments before the maturity date, penalty will be charged @ Rs.1.50 for Rs.100/- p.m.