Executive Director of Punjab National Bank, Shri Kalyan Kumar
• Shri Kalyan Kumar assumed charge as Executive Director of the Bank on 21st October, 2021.
• Shri Kalyan Kumar, a Post Graduate in science from Rajendra Prasad Agriculture University, Pusa, is also a Certified Associate Member of Indian Institute of Bankers (CAIIB) and holds various certifications in Trade Finance, IT Security and KYC-AML from Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF).
• Shri Kumar started his journey in Union Bank of India as Rural Development Officer in the year 1995 and has served the bank for last 26 years in various capacities as Branch Head of VLBs, faculty at Staff Training Centres, Staff College Principal, stint in Vigilance and Business Process Transformation and Amalgamation Management at Corporate Office and lastly head as CGM HR of Union Bank of India. The successful amalgamation of Andhra Bank and Corporation Bank into Union Bank of India was steered under his supervision and control.
• As a team member of the Committee constituted by BBB on devising Suitable Training Program for PSBs, he devised a comprehensive report on the Training Programs for all levels, created and drove Unique Leadership Development Program “Union Bhavishya” for preparing future leaders for the Bank. He has also led an end to end Digital HR Transformation Project Union Prerna for creating a performance centric HR empowering all employees.
• Shri Kumar’s experience and contribution is spread across multiple domains of Branch Banking, Credit and MSME, Vigilance, Business Process Re-engineering and Analytics, Amalgamation Management and Human Resource Management including Learning and Development and Talent Management.
• He has also undergone the Bank’s Board Bureau Training Program for Top Leadership Development.